Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Your SEO optimized title

Will you ask the sparrows to eat grass?

I normally chat with my 8 years old grand-daughter, as we enjoyed our lunch when she returns home from school.

During yesterday's lunch, I spoke highly of the benefits of eating vegetables & suggested that she eats the vegetables which she was leaving behind.

She responded earnestly:  "Por por**, you said that God created all (with an emphasise on "all") our food to make me grow fast, strong and intelligent?  Since I like to eat meat, I've eaten the meat first." 

"I'm like the sparrows.  They eat worms only & won't eat the grass."

She continued: "The sparrows are too full after eating the worms & they will never, ever, eat the grass!"

"I'm also full now.  May I be excused from eating the vegetables, p-l-e-a-s-e."

**Por por = maternal grandmother, in our dialect

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you for having such an observant and intelligent grand child.

    ReplyDelete