Monday, February 28, 2011

Another child's insight...

A few years back, I had a bad chest infection, coupled with a bad asthma attack.

My 3 years old grand-daughter (Her age at that point in time) looked at me, with concern & deep thought.

"Let's "play", por por", I heard her said.

"I'm sorry, I can't play with you, darling.  I'm sick" said I.

"No, por por, I said "pray".  Pray to God to make you well", she continued.

We prayed together.

I was not much better, after a couple of days.

The doctor changed my medications when I went for a review.

Upon my return home, I teased my grandchild with "Darling, our prayers didn't work".

"Por por, God is very busy.

Many people are praying to him.  Be patient.

When your turn comes, He will make you well."  Replied my grandchild, confidently.

I got well on the following day.

Perhaps my turn came.

Perhaps the medicine worked.

Perhaps both.

No comments:

Post a Comment