Friday, February 25, 2011

An interesting movie

"Phew"

I drew a d-e-e-p, breathe at the end of the movie "Black Swan".

The show was enthralling, intense & sapped energy mental energy, big time!

Unlike what I usually do at other movies, I didn't get up from my seat immediately after the "Black Swan". 

I felt the need to take a few minutes to rest my  head against the back of the seat.  When I looked around, I noticed a number of fellow cinema goer doing the same.

"Black Swan" has a great plot which developed at a good pace.

When the ballet company's artistic director decides to replace the past season's prima ballerina, it sets off an intense fight amongst young ballerinas who wanted to be her replacement to be the "queen swan" 

The intense stress pushed the prima ballerina of the past season to suicide.

The new "queen swan", Nina, paid a no lesser price.  She suffered from hallucinations, self mutilation & eventually death on the stage.  Nonetheless, she died with a smile as she breathed her last, she heard the thunderous applause which was coupled with a standing
ovation plus some tears.

The ballet techniques & moves were beautifully executed & a joy to watch.  A bonus!

My sharing does not do justice to the show.

View the movie to enjoy it.  Do be prepared for some really, scary scenes.


Note.  
This is not a paid advertisement/review.  
I viewed the show with friends & we paid our own tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment