Wednesday, December 21, 2011

At Foot Solution, They Go The Extra Mile (G.E.M.)

Note: I am not paid to advertise for Foot Solutions 
but am just sharing a satisfying shopping experience.

Most of the shops were closing for the evening, when I walked into "Foot Solution", a shoe shop.  There were a couple of customers keeping the sales promoter, Ela, very busy; but she welcomed me with a big smile.


I learned later, that besides being a physiotherapist, she multi-task as sales promoter & cashier.


Service with a SMILE
A soft-spoken guy came up to me, offering to get me a pair of selected shoes of my choice.  He suggested that I should get my feet measured to ensure that I got the right size.  He was friendly & tried hard to please.  Unfortunately, he wasn't fluent in his presentation of the features of the shoes which I set eyes on.  In spite of him trying hard at it.  

I had a long day & was not in any particular need for shoes.  

I thought of leaving.

But I stayed because, Mr. Teo, came to save the day, or rather the evening. 

Mr. Teo was very  knowledgeable & speedy in fielding my inquiries.  In between, serving the other customers, Ela chipped in, & joined our discussion.  After completing her sales with the earlier customers, she started to bring, from the store, more shoes for me to try.  I teased her for hiding her shoes from customers.

By then, it was way past closing time.  Yet the whole team, showed no hurry nor hinted on their desire to close.  Instead, their body language & service, conveyed that they were pleased to be able to go the extra mile.

The team that practices "Go the Extra Mile"
(Left) Mr. Ng, (Center) Elle & (Right) Mr. Teo


Elle (Left)
Mr. Teo,  (Right) manager of the outlet

(Center) Yours truly, the happy customer

I left as a happy customer, after buying a pair of shoes, a pair of slippers & a pair of made to measure in-sole & a sizable bill of > $700; but pleased as Punch

This team sells without selling!  While
the customer buys even when she had no plan to do so! 

Keep up the good work, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment